Saturday, April 02, 2005

Ski a Thon

Hot Diggity Dynastar,

It’s the second day of April here and what better way to experience this glorious blue sky day than venturing down to Alyeska for their annual Ski a thon!? Yeah, that’s right; you can’t give me something better to do…

This event, put on by Challenge Alaska, is to benefit their program getting local skiers to raise pledges and ski, ski, ski, or snowboard, snowboard, snowboard (doesn’t have the same ring eh?) all day. I was all about helping out for this event taking some photos, and thought I was doing a damn good job, until I realized I was shooting the WRONG event. Good job B… I knew my day was off to an awesome start when I managed to drop my lens cap on the first run up the ski lift… As for my shooting the wrong skiers… Apparently there was some crazy event going on simultaneously where people were dressed in wacky costumes skiing down the slopes… All the bit too late I realized this and tried to salvage what was left of the day and find some ski-a-thon participants to shoot, photograph rather, I did a marginal job at this, but for your viewing pleasure I posted the wackier shots…


Twas a grand day none the less… Sunny skies, good skiing, younger folk pushing my limits, making me look like a chump… Its times like this, where a collective aura of enjoyment is felt over the entire mountain. Everyone is out doing what they love, and loving what they do, as it should be. Whether locked into some skis, or strapping onto a board, there’s enough snow for all. We do what we can to make the best of what we have, and what ever that happens to be, we’ll walk away with a smile at the end of the day.


Get out and make it count…

Vivas

No comments: