Friday, April 29, 2005

Movin on down the road

School’s out (for the next few days anyhow) and I am setting up to embark on the next part of the journey… Commencing the life of a sea kayak guide down in Seward AK… My stuff is packed, loaded, and roaring to go down to Ressurection bay, where no water melons grow…


Almost a new month, and a new experience underway, countless thoughts rolling through my head as we journey down to the booming metropolis of Seward AK… A beautiful drive entailed through the mountains and down to the ocean over the Kenai Peninsula. The weather glorious as can be, and yeah, much to say about nothing there. I unloaded my goods at a house, which looked like it should be built for ants, where I will spend my summer with seven other spirited individuals and two dogs… Good times… Times that I would have to acclimate to, as I was awaken early in the morning listening to what sounded like the Kentucky Derby just feet above my head- energetic pups running a-wall through the house. Oh, a glimpse of life that would be one of the most memorable summers ever…


The city is small, and self contained, the mountains rise right out of the water and into the heavens. Snow capped and bountiful I feel this place has potential. Not as much potential as the water fall I spotted, but we’ll see. Its hard to really feel out a place being there less than 24 hrs. In any case it looks to be a delicious place with more than enough potential to go round many times over.


Cheers to new places and faces…

Vivas

No comments: